SUP (Stand Up Paddle board) Yoga is yoga on a paddle board. This of the board as your floating yoga mat, and the lagoon as your outdoor studio. Sup Yoga focuses on improving and maintaining balance.
SUP yoga works well for improving balance because it requires a lot of balance to stay on a floating board while doing yoga poses. Our Sup yoga classes are carefully designed and crafted just for being out on the water. This is not your everyday studio yoga class! It is challenging, however, people rarely fall off! Because of the particular boards we use and the sequence we have developed specifically for SUP yoga, it is completely attainable to go the whole class with out falling in. Plus, you could do the entire class on your knees, if you wanted to. We offer a wide variety of modifications of poses while on the water. If this is something you have seen and always thought about trying, now is the time!
5 Reasons to try SUP Yoga
- SUP yoga keeps you in the present moment. You have no choice but to be present while on your floating yoga mat.
- Helps develop a greater sense of mindfulness. In order to balance, you must pay attention to every breath, every movement, and every placement of an arm or a leg.
- You don’t need to be a seasoned practitioner to do Sup yoga. Less is more when it comes to SUP yoga. We have created SUP yoga specific classes that will help increase body awareness.
- The same muscles are challenged, but in a new and different way. Poses on a Sup board can present a greater challenge to the quadriceps, shoulders, arms, knees, and especially the core.
- Your yoga practice will never be the same. Every time you go to a Sup class, it will be a different experience. The wind and water conditions are always changing, presenting an opportunity to learn to “go with the flow.” Plus, you can’t beat Savasana on a board! Lying weightlessly on a board with your eyes closed lulls you to a place of peace and relaxation like no other. It is definitely something to experience! No Savasana will ever be the same after you experience it on a board after a fun flowing class.
Whether you prefer your yoga outside, inside, hot, cold, wet, or dry we offer it anywhere for all ages and levels. Group, family, private, and/or couples.
Customization is the key to fulfilling practice and achieving the results you want!
With your Monthly or Annual subscription, you will have full access to our video library and our Live Virtual Yoga Classes.
- Relaxing Yoga (Yin/restorative)
- Gravity Yoga
- Fun Family Fitness/yoga
Yoga in the workplace has proven to increase productivity and creativity.
For our corporate yoga sessions, we provide a fun and accessible way for employees to walk away feeling great! You don’t need to be an athlete or a certain age to participate.
We create a safe space for employees to build strength and increase flexibility. This can help with correcting posture while sitting at a desk, gaining better focus, and learning to use breathing techniques to help with stress.
Classes For All Yoga Levels
Choose which one fits your lifestyle
In a short 2 minute video, the benefits of the pose is highlighted along with a breakdown with step-by-step instruction. This allows you to build confidence and a solid foundation for your practice.
The word “vinyasa” can be translated as “arranging something in a special way.” Vinyasa is a style of yoga where poses are strung together to form one fluid sequence of movement using breath to movement. We offer 3 types of vinyasa yoga classes:
Involves a set of physical postures (poses) and breathing techniques which helps bring peace to the mind and body. Hatha Yoga is used to cleanse the body from the inside out and to build strength and stamina needed on and off the mat. If you are new to yoga, we recommend Hatha Yoga as a great starting point in your practice.
Enjoy these practices with your children ( of any age), partner, family or friends. We have a variety of family yoga and classes will range from 20-30 minutes.
Mommy & Me
Partner Play Yoga
Gravity is a mat-based Targeted Mobility Training method aimed toward movement and mobility in the hips, hamstrings, and back. The goal of Gravity Yoga is to change the fascia that gives shape and structure to your muscle. Gravity Yoga has specific breathing techniques and hold times. This type of yoga helps to improve mobility and should be done as an addition to your other exercises and practices.
Who couldn’t use a little more relaxation in their life? Our Relaxing Yoga section incorporates Yin and Restorative Yoga videos. In these videos you will experience subtle stretching with longer hold times in poses. Also, lots of props are used like blankets, bolsters, pillows, and blocks. You don’t need fancy props, anything around the house will do fine! These classes are great before bed!! Get ready to relax!!
I have been taking the online live yoga classes from Mary and Heather for nine months. Really enjoy the interactive live format with the International participants in the class.
The flows really helped my flexibility.