YOGA YOUR WAY
STANDUP PADDLEBOARD YOGA & PILATES
STANDUP PADDLEBOARD YOGA
– On Carlsbad Lagoon
– Weekday and Weekend Classes
– Standup Paddleboard Supplied (bring your own for 1/2 off!)
Flow with Friends
SUP yoga works well for improving balance because it requires a lot of balance to stay on a floating board while doing yoga poses. Our Sup yoga classes are carefully designed and crafted just for being out on the water. This is not your everyday studio yoga class! It is challenging, however, people rarely fall off! Because of the particular boards we use and the sequence we have developed specifically for SUP yoga, it is completely attainable to go the whole class with out falling in. Plus, you could do the entire class on your knees, if you wanted to. We offer a wide variety of modifications of poses while on the water. If this is something you have seen and always thought about trying, now is the time!
WHAT TO EXPECT
- 1) Flow with Friends needs at least 2 participants to hold a class.
- 2) Yoga Your Way provides everything you will need for the SUP (stand up paddle board) yoga/pilates classes. This includes paddle boards, anchors, and paddles. You just need to show up!
- 3) If you are new please arrive 10-15 minutes early to sign our waiver.
- 4) Option to BYOB (bring your own board – for discounted price!)
- 5) Before we paddle out, we start with a brief lesson on the paddle board and how to paddle, also how to drop your anchor and attach your paddle to the leash once we reach our designated spot in the lagoon.
- 6) The class is 60 minutes once we are anchored out on the water.
- 7) Please sign the e-waiver on our website, or we will have them at the lagoon with us too.
- 8) All classes subject to weather conditions. If class is cancelled due to weather, you will be allowed to use your purchase for a future date. We do not provide cash refunds.
- 9) Cancellation policy: We have a 24 hour minimum class cancellation policy. If cancellation occurs in less than 24 hours you will be charged the whole amount.
Getting Started with Stand Up Paddle (SUP) Yoga & Pilates
An unreal experience, not unlike becoming one with the ocean, the board, and flow.
The liquid solution to your need for fitness and water.
5 Reasons to try SUP Yoga
- SUP yoga keeps you in the present moment. You have no choice but to be present while on your floating yoga mat.
- Helps develop a greater sense of mindfulness. In order to balance, you must pay attention to every breath, every movement, and every placement of an arm or a leg.
- You don’t need to be a seasoned practitioner to do Sup yoga. Less is more when it comes to SUP yoga. We have created SUP yoga specific classes that will help increase body awareness.
- The same muscles are challenged, but in a new and different way. Poses on a Sup board can present a greater challenge to the quadriceps, shoulders, arms, knees, and especially the core.
- Your yoga practice will never be the same. Every time you go to a Sup class, it will be a different experience. The wind and water conditions are always changing, presenting an opportunity to learn to “go with the flow.” Plus, you can’t beat Savasana on a board! Lying weightlessly on a board with your eyes closed lulls you to a place of peace and relaxation like no other. It is definitely something to experience! No Savasana will ever be the same after you experience it on a board after a fun flowing class.